Monday, December 26, 2011
Hello World!
Have you ever stared at the ceiling while in bed and suddenly had an epiphany? An insight into something? An intriguing theory? And then the next [fill in the blank - day/week/minute], you forget about it? Because you never wrote it down? This is my attempt to jot down the thoughts that I want to share but don't. An alternative title for this blog could be...
The Words I Never Said
Let's answer some questions....
Q: Where's the Morning After today?
This was Christmas week so I'm going to launch the series next Monday. :) Will this post suffice instead?
Q: Why is your blog template so lame? [submitted from JoelT]
Because it's easy to tinker with and I don't have time to really jazz it up.
Q: Why is everything so bare?
Because this blog is still in beta, really. Give me some time. By the end of the school year (read:when I have more time to do stuff), this will look awesome.
Q: I don't like your series titles...
If you don't like it, feel free to suggest a new one. :P
Q: What are you doing on Tuesdays?
Chillin'. Well actually, Tuesday won't have a committed series. It could be anything. Maybe a discussion we had on Thursday needs a follow-up post. Maybe breaking news happened. Maybe I decide to post a poem. Or do a photo-essay. I'm leaving this open so I can play around with it.
Q: How many readers do you want?
As many as possible. So send these posts to your friends, comment away, give me suggestions for blog posts, volunteer for the Controversy round-tables, etc.
Q: Speaking of the Controversy series, what is it?
Basically, I'm going to invite other people to discuss a "controversial" topic with me. It could be anybody who feels that they have substantial thoughts to share on the topic. And I'm accepting suggestions for controversy topics. We'll have roundtables and we'll all answer questions. We may do direct debates. Where I state something. Someone else states the opposite, etc. Or we may just have Q&As. Whatever best fits the topic. I'm interested in anything from religion to debate to politics to economics to current events to social issues to...whatever.
So...if you're interested in being part of the controversy discussions, want to suggest a topic, etc., please email me. This first week, we're most likely going to discuss politics. I've got Romney and Ron Paul represented....would like to see Gingrich, Bachmann/Perry, or even Obama represented.
::EDIT:: We filled this. Paul, Romney, Perry, Gingrich, and Huntsman will be represented.
Labels:
first post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! the blog is up. This is pretty cool. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the blog! It is so you... ;)
ReplyDeleteOk, so now that I'm your first follower, you need to follow my blog! :P Will enjoy reading it!
-Cayla
Haha Cayla, I'm following your blog anonymously. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! It will be fun to check in to see your posts on all of the different topics!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading your blog! Sounds like it's going to be really interesting! :)
ReplyDeleteCool blog man! :)
ReplyDelete