So I'm going to rename this series "Friday Links". It'll just be a collection of links that I'm reading:
So...first...two blogs that I recommend you guys read:
1. The Brody File: David Brody is the premier Christian evangelical political blogger and reporter. He scores interviews with EVERYONE. In 2008 he had: Romney, McCain, Huckabee, Giuliani, Obama (3 times), Clinton, Biden, and everyone in between. He's insanely well connected and offers insightful articles and analysis. He travels with the campaigns to each primary and has a great feel for what's going on on the ground. Highly recommend. He's the one in 2008 who got me interested in politics.
2. Clothed Revelation: This is my friend Thomas Goodwin's blog. It's so awesome. I read it every time he puts up a new post. He deserves more views and hits. His posts are deep, insightful, thoughtful, and challenging. I loved his 2-part series on Contentment. Be sure to check it out! He's by far the most spiritually mature high schooler I know. :)
And now...two thought-provoking articles that I want your thoughts on:
3. The Company Ron Paul Keeps by Weekly Standard: I know you Ron Paul guys are going to hate this, but I feel he raises some valid points and backs it up with solid quotes and evidence. I don't think Ron Paul is presidential and I think he cares more about his ideology than reality. He never got anything done in Congress because he wasn't able to compromise. Before you guys all kill me, let me use an analogy:
Before the civil war, the abolitionists were ideologically pure. They fervently believed that slavery was wrong and I agree with them. However, their plan to free all the slaves all at once would have impoverished everyone and thrown the nation into chaos. In addition, these hard-line demands were not feasible. Were the abolitionists right? Yes. Did they balance idealism with pragmatism? No.
That's how I feel about Ron Paul. If I were president, I'd totally hire him as Secretary of Treasury or another advisory position. But he isn't cut out to be president. This article shows that his ideology has sometimes led him to associate with some unsavory people, and even make money off of those associations.
4. Economics Professor to Run for President by CNN: I initially didn't care. But I'm taking AP Economics this year and I took a look at what he's proposing. I'm convinced: we need someone with an economics background in the White House. I think every person, no matter who you are, should have an economics background. Its essential to understanding the world. Anyway, what do you guys think of his proposals. Also, I was impressed that he already has like 25 million and counting. I don't think he has a shot, but what do you guys think?
5. And finally, here's a really interesting article from a Reformed perspective on why Israel doesn't have a special blessing by RC Sproul: I don't agree. What's more, I'm going to write a rebuttal for the Conversing on Controversy post next week. So what do you guys think of it? It has implications for religion, for politics, and for worldview. Stay tuned for Thursday's article.
Looking forward to CoC on Thursday.
ReplyDelete