So today, I organized a community service project with my honor society to make and pack 600 sandwiches and take them downtown to the shelter! Here's how we did it:
First, we did a LOT of planning. We had to figure out what we needed.
2 tablecloths
30 food-service gloves
500 packets of mayo (the small kind you get at restaurants)
500 ziploc bags
30 loaves of bread
and two tables plus a facility. As vice president of my honor society, I was in charge of the project. I had every volunteer bring a pound of cheese and a pound of meat along with one loaf of bread. So in total, we had about 50 loaves of bread.
In each sandwich, we had a slice of cheese, a slice of meat, and a mayo packet along with it. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun. We ended up using 5 coolers to pack all of them - people brought extra! We were expecting 500 sandwiches but ended up with 600. We rushed to the store to buy 10 more loaves and someone drove to their house to grab an extra cooler. Then two moms loaded up the coolers and drove them all downtown.
20 people + 1.5 hours = 600 sandwiches!!!!
That's a lot! I'll add some pictures of the project once I upload them.
What projects do you guys do?
Op. Sandwich was really fun yesterday :P Although I didn't know we ended up wtih 600 sandwiches!
ReplyDeleteI actually didn't believe we made 600 sandwiches that fast. :)
ReplyDelete